The following instructions are for information purposes only. The Big Scare cannot guarantee you will experience the same results as we did should you opt to use these instructions. Feel free to share ways to improve the instructions in the comments section below.
Ever wonder what to do with all of those seeds inside of your pumpkin? We have the perfect solution – Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
Here is our recipe for the delicious treat…
1. Immediately after carving your pumpkin, remove the seeds and rinse them thoroughly. After they have been cleaned, pad them dry and let them sit for several hours in a warm place.
2. Preheat oven to 300 F. Once the pumpkin seeds are completely dry, place them in a mixing bowl and add 1 tablespoon melted butter for every one cup of seeds. Mix the seeds so that they are completely coated.
3. Sprinkle in garlic powder and salt, enough to taste. Mix until every seed has a light covering.
4. Pour the seeds onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the seeds so that they form a single layer. It is important not to have them overlapping.
5. Place the seeds in the oven and let bake 50 minutes, mixing them every 15 minutes or so.
6. Add additional seasoning as desired and enjoy!